Monday, March 20, 2006

WATCH OUT! YOU MIGHT GET WHAT YOU'RE AFTER! BURNIN DOWN THE HOUSE!

My current grad school record just got more impressive! Check it out:

Accepted:
Minnesota
UT Austin (Michener Center)
Wash. U. St. Louis
University of Pittsburgh
Art Institute of Chicago

Wait-listed:
University of Virginia (!)

Rejected:
Iowa

Waiting:
Indiana
New School

So, let's follow the trend here. The trend is clearly toward admittance into grad schools. With the exception of Iowa, who, when you really compare facts and figures, seems to be a little confused. Or, as we like to say in statistics, "irrelevant."

I'm kididng. I hardly remember anything about statistics. But really, it would be hard for me to feel bad about that one, wouldn't it? Especially when I am demonstrably burning down the house in every other sense. Honestly, I have no idea how long UVA's wait-list might be, and I don't know what my chances are of making it in off of the wait-list, but everybody seems to know that I'm leaning so far Austin-ward that it's moot. Well, not moot. UVA is a crazily competitive school, and I regard this as a supreme and wonderful compliment.

Or, as I said to Adam when I pulled a crazy U-ie in the middle of South Oakland Thursday rush hour traffic, "WHO'S THE HOSS?"