Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'M ON A STEADY DIET OF REALLY BEING HERE

So I'm actually a little glad that National Poetry Month will be over in a few hours, because fuck, this got kind of exhausting. I went to a ton of poetry readings, helped to co-organize poetry events, and bought books of poems like money wasn't a problem. HA. So I realize that I haven't said much of anything here, but that's because I've been living out of my backpack and smoking on train platforms and going totally crazy posicore poetry stylee all over you and your friends. My room is full of glue sticks and shiny shoes and pieces of paper and makeup. I.E. it needs cleaned tonight. Or I need to sit around and listen to chill autumnal music because it is chill & autumnal outside. My life is so fucking exciting and I'm happy.

Oh, and my GREAT NEWS: I won two Adamson awards last night. That is, I won the Adamson Award for fiction and the Academy of American Poets Prize. So, fuck a lot of haters who thought I wasn't really a fiction ATTRA last summer. I do both, everybody! Also, I got some money. And a lot of my friends got some money, too. Zach and Lillian are such complete gems. I love everything & I'm not being snide anymore. Positive is the new disgruntled.

But now I need to sleep.