THE DAY BEFORE ELECTION DAY, I FORGOT TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH
Make what you will of that one. I'm listening to AirAmerica.org's live feed of election returns in the basement of Hunt Library, which seems to be where I hide out when most of the interesting events go down. Okay. So, a lot of polls are closing soon, but so many people are still in line in Ohio and Florida that we won't get any real returns until tomorrow. Don't ask me why, but I think Kerry is going to win this shit! Florida's numbers are looking pretty promising, most of which 60-40 or even better! Chuck D is reporting from Columbus, Ohio, and he says that the young voter turnout is pretty good. Nobody's really said anything about PA yet, but I think that's because it's totally going Kerry. Can you tell that I've been in the basement for the last few hours? True to my birth (don't forget that I was raised by news junkies), I've been consuming information like crazy for the last few hours, and I'm really in no state to do anything except spit out facts and current hearsay.
AirAmerica's coverage of the returns have been absolutely excellent (if partisan), with the exception of Janeane Garofalo's intolerant call for the red states (which she calls "the cracker belt") to secede so that the "modern, progressive, blue" states can join Canada and the European Union. I know that Garofalo is trying to entertain and poke fun, and maybe I'm being too small-minded, but it's a ridiculous statement to make in any case. It seems pretty obvious to me that a population which hasn't had access to education or information shouldn't be damned for their own oppression, for fuck's sake. (As if any of those heavenly blue states were so damn progressive anyway! I know plenty, PLENTY of people who vote democrat who do some fucked-up shit. And when did we decide that the European Union had to be our model for appropriate democratic governance?) This is a difficult tendency in election coverage these days: states are either blue or red. Everybody in Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and North Dakota gets a black mark? Everybody in New York and New Jersey is reasonable? Oh, come on, now. Go outside. Get some air. Quit reloading the cnn.com webpage every five minutes. I'm saying this as much for my benefit as yours!
Make what you will of that one. I'm listening to AirAmerica.org's live feed of election returns in the basement of Hunt Library, which seems to be where I hide out when most of the interesting events go down. Okay. So, a lot of polls are closing soon, but so many people are still in line in Ohio and Florida that we won't get any real returns until tomorrow. Don't ask me why, but I think Kerry is going to win this shit! Florida's numbers are looking pretty promising, most of which 60-40 or even better! Chuck D is reporting from Columbus, Ohio, and he says that the young voter turnout is pretty good. Nobody's really said anything about PA yet, but I think that's because it's totally going Kerry. Can you tell that I've been in the basement for the last few hours? True to my birth (don't forget that I was raised by news junkies), I've been consuming information like crazy for the last few hours, and I'm really in no state to do anything except spit out facts and current hearsay.
AirAmerica's coverage of the returns have been absolutely excellent (if partisan), with the exception of Janeane Garofalo's intolerant call for the red states (which she calls "the cracker belt") to secede so that the "modern, progressive, blue" states can join Canada and the European Union. I know that Garofalo is trying to entertain and poke fun, and maybe I'm being too small-minded, but it's a ridiculous statement to make in any case. It seems pretty obvious to me that a population which hasn't had access to education or information shouldn't be damned for their own oppression, for fuck's sake. (As if any of those heavenly blue states were so damn progressive anyway! I know plenty, PLENTY of people who vote democrat who do some fucked-up shit. And when did we decide that the European Union had to be our model for appropriate democratic governance?) This is a difficult tendency in election coverage these days: states are either blue or red. Everybody in Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and North Dakota gets a black mark? Everybody in New York and New Jersey is reasonable? Oh, come on, now. Go outside. Get some air. Quit reloading the cnn.com webpage every five minutes. I'm saying this as much for my benefit as yours!
<< Home