DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH TOO LONG; THIS TUNNEL IS A TEXAS MILE
Today's super-jazzy news: the faculty search for the new Modernist prof (tenure track) in the English department has been narrowed down to three candidates and they're all women. This is great news because the department (like many others) is heavily skewed towards male profs, and because the prof currently holding the Modernist position is a woman. In other words, I'm just happy that we aren't skewing the numbers even more. And what's better, these three candidates are each giving lectures on campus sometime this semester, and you'd better believe I'm going to be there if I possibly can. I know that a certain amount of all of this is just academic politics, but it's hard not to feel a little bit bubbly about the new semester and all of that.
Also: I look really cute today, but nobody is around to notice. Har-rumph.
Today's super-jazzy news: the faculty search for the new Modernist prof (tenure track) in the English department has been narrowed down to three candidates and they're all women. This is great news because the department (like many others) is heavily skewed towards male profs, and because the prof currently holding the Modernist position is a woman. In other words, I'm just happy that we aren't skewing the numbers even more. And what's better, these three candidates are each giving lectures on campus sometime this semester, and you'd better believe I'm going to be there if I possibly can. I know that a certain amount of all of this is just academic politics, but it's hard not to feel a little bit bubbly about the new semester and all of that.
Also: I look really cute today, but nobody is around to notice. Har-rumph.
<< Home