DON'T WORRY, MOM, THE BAND DOESN'T SOUND HALF BAD
I'm feeling really good about the next issue of the zine. It's my actual writing now, not the lean, spare sentences I had been trying to perfect in the last two issues. I'm a gusher when it comes to detail and extension, so why describe the color green if you aren't going to push it all the way out to the edges of the farthest hills? The whole point of writing about small things is to write about them in a way that isn't small. They aren't supposed to be lists of my favorite things, and they arent' supposed to be finite. You're supposed to experience them with me. It's the whole reason I write at all, probably.
I'm feeling really good about the next issue of the zine. It's my actual writing now, not the lean, spare sentences I had been trying to perfect in the last two issues. I'm a gusher when it comes to detail and extension, so why describe the color green if you aren't going to push it all the way out to the edges of the farthest hills? The whole point of writing about small things is to write about them in a way that isn't small. They aren't supposed to be lists of my favorite things, and they arent' supposed to be finite. You're supposed to experience them with me. It's the whole reason I write at all, probably.
<< Home