EX-MAGICIAN STILL KNOWS THE TRICKS
Another dispatch from the office. 1:00 PM. Three, four more hours? Four more weeks and four more days? I'm almost getting the hang of the phone system, but not who does what. I didn't take my whole lunch break, goodness knows why. The other intern is at lunch, and my semi-supervisor Kristi is messing around on Cosmo.com, so why should I feel bad about whiling away my time on Fashion Icon or the Pander board? You might find my blog getting more and more exciting. Or longer and longer. I don't know. 1:03 PM. They're talking about weddings and parking tickets. It's so quiet that I feel guilty for making any clicking sounds at all.
I guess I was thinking that having this job would make the time pass quicker and Ram would be back sooner. At least I can go home at the end of the day with the sense that I've actually done something besides watching TV, but is that really true? It does get me out of bed sooner in the morning, but that's about it. I read something in the NY Times magazine about how having a boring job leads to an earlier death, drove in with my diet Coke while listening to the mixtape Ian made for me, and got stuck behind a car going 5-10 below the speed limit the entire time. I almost wish I was working with the summer program again. At least I always knew how to deal with the kids, and I knew what came next. These goddamned phones.
Another dispatch from the office. 1:00 PM. Three, four more hours? Four more weeks and four more days? I'm almost getting the hang of the phone system, but not who does what. I didn't take my whole lunch break, goodness knows why. The other intern is at lunch, and my semi-supervisor Kristi is messing around on Cosmo.com, so why should I feel bad about whiling away my time on Fashion Icon or the Pander board? You might find my blog getting more and more exciting. Or longer and longer. I don't know. 1:03 PM. They're talking about weddings and parking tickets. It's so quiet that I feel guilty for making any clicking sounds at all.
I guess I was thinking that having this job would make the time pass quicker and Ram would be back sooner. At least I can go home at the end of the day with the sense that I've actually done something besides watching TV, but is that really true? It does get me out of bed sooner in the morning, but that's about it. I read something in the NY Times magazine about how having a boring job leads to an earlier death, drove in with my diet Coke while listening to the mixtape Ian made for me, and got stuck behind a car going 5-10 below the speed limit the entire time. I almost wish I was working with the summer program again. At least I always knew how to deal with the kids, and I knew what came next. These goddamned phones.
<< Home