Monday, November 15, 2004

I'M YOUR PUPPET NOW

Sorry for the long silence. I've spent most of the last week in bed, sniffling, coughing, and lamenting my poor health. This is obviously not condusive to peppy rants, or any rants at all, for that matter. Anyway. I'm back (kind of), still with a little of the congestion and weariness, but with (alas) no good excuse to miss class anymore.

Of course, OLR blessed me with the online registration time of 8:00 AM the one year I don't have a working internet connection at home, having to drag my ass to campus ass early in order to get Letterpress/Bookbinding, a class which I have desired since sophomore year. It turns out that I have the ULTIMATE senior schedule:

51-426 Letterpress & Bookbinding (no set schedule; I go in whenever I want)
76-501 Senior Honors Thesis (poetry; I meet with my advisor once a week)
76-334 19th Century LCS: Power and Print Culture TR 12:00-1:20
79-302 French Modernism TR 1:30-2:50

If I want to, I may also take Advanced Fiction or a poetry seminar taught by my old friend and mentor, Jerry Costanzo. They're at the same time, and I don't really know if I want to take more than the minimum course load. But basically, this schedule frees up a lot of my time, allowing me to take on another (better paying) job, or just chill out and work on things that I want to work on. Also, I like the idea of taking a class on the ways print culture creates power while also learning how to operate a real, honest LETTERPRESS! Should prove for some interesting crossover.