YOU WON'T FOOL THE CHILDREN OF THE REVOLUTION
So, it seems reasonable that I'm spending the last few hours of my life as a not-of-legal-drinking-age person in the basement of the library, surrounded by videotapes, videodiscs, and big boxes, because if I were above ground I would probably be pacing around and painting my toenails and bouncing on the bed.
I feel as if I should be saying something conclusive about this passage (first of all, because it's somehow a "passage" instead of a "birthday"), but I can't really figure out what that would be. I mean, I've already done my fair share of drinking. In bars*, no less. What this means, I suppose, is a lot less hassle about going places (like bars) with my friends**, even though that happens much less often than it used to.
Of course, a veritable world of night-time fun opens up to me***, but how much will I care now that it's constantly available?
The only good thing to my mind is finally being able to hang out at the Church Brew Works with Mr. Adam Atkinson, just as we said we would when we were wet-nosed sophomores.
Oh! Also, I'll be able to get into notoriously boring 21+ shows, just in case I want to be softly lulled into oblivion by voice and guitar.
No more pesky "Um, I don't have my driver's license? Because, like, I'm having my passport renewed?" conversations with skeptical bartenders.
No more mortifying, "Um, I can't . . . I'm underage" moments when visiting friends in other cities.
No more even numbers. For a year, at least.
A new license photo which resembles my current look. (That is, I don't look like a 16-year-old raver in this one.)
Adulthood!****
Oh my God. I think somebody's actually entering the video collection. I have to attend to this, stat.*****
*If you're a bouncer, I'm very sorry to break the news to you, but I TOTALLY JACKED you during the last two years.
**Also, I totally lied about being a graduate student. Fooled you again.
***Like, um, RUMSHAKER'S, I guess? And I can go whenever I want.
****In all states. And in Canada, where my shit was already legal anyway.
*****Wait, it's Rachel! And she has a Sephora bag! I <3 my birthday! And Rachel!
So, it seems reasonable that I'm spending the last few hours of my life as a not-of-legal-drinking-age person in the basement of the library, surrounded by videotapes, videodiscs, and big boxes, because if I were above ground I would probably be pacing around and painting my toenails and bouncing on the bed.
I feel as if I should be saying something conclusive about this passage (first of all, because it's somehow a "passage" instead of a "birthday"), but I can't really figure out what that would be. I mean, I've already done my fair share of drinking. In bars*, no less. What this means, I suppose, is a lot less hassle about going places (like bars) with my friends**, even though that happens much less often than it used to.
Of course, a veritable world of night-time fun opens up to me***, but how much will I care now that it's constantly available?
The only good thing to my mind is finally being able to hang out at the Church Brew Works with Mr. Adam Atkinson, just as we said we would when we were wet-nosed sophomores.
Oh! Also, I'll be able to get into notoriously boring 21+ shows, just in case I want to be softly lulled into oblivion by voice and guitar.
No more pesky "Um, I don't have my driver's license? Because, like, I'm having my passport renewed?" conversations with skeptical bartenders.
No more mortifying, "Um, I can't . . . I'm underage" moments when visiting friends in other cities.
No more even numbers. For a year, at least.
A new license photo which resembles my current look. (That is, I don't look like a 16-year-old raver in this one.)
Adulthood!****
Oh my God. I think somebody's actually entering the video collection. I have to attend to this, stat.*****
*If you're a bouncer, I'm very sorry to break the news to you, but I TOTALLY JACKED you during the last two years.
**Also, I totally lied about being a graduate student. Fooled you again.
***Like, um, RUMSHAKER'S, I guess? And I can go whenever I want.
****In all states. And in Canada, where my shit was already legal anyway.
*****Wait, it's Rachel! And she has a Sephora bag! I <3 my birthday! And Rachel!
<< Home