MARION CONTRARIAN
Every time I print out a poem in one of the computer clusters, somebody ends up mixing it in with their 50-pages of Lexus Nexus stuff. I'd like to see one of them paging through their materials (I confess that I have no idea what Lexus Nexus is all about) and finding a poem of mine, hopefully one with a shocking title. Or at least an overtly poetic title, like ON THE MARE'S BACK SHINING or ALL THE WEDDING PRESENTS. (Fun fact: one of these is actually the title to a poem I wrote a few years ago. Can you guess which?) I can't convince myself that anybody who runs across a poem would read it all the way through, but I do think the occasion would surprise them. Maybe. Maybe I'll distribute all of my work this way.
Every time I print out a poem in one of the computer clusters, somebody ends up mixing it in with their 50-pages of Lexus Nexus stuff. I'd like to see one of them paging through their materials (I confess that I have no idea what Lexus Nexus is all about) and finding a poem of mine, hopefully one with a shocking title. Or at least an overtly poetic title, like ON THE MARE'S BACK SHINING or ALL THE WEDDING PRESENTS. (Fun fact: one of these is actually the title to a poem I wrote a few years ago. Can you guess which?) I can't convince myself that anybody who runs across a poem would read it all the way through, but I do think the occasion would surprise them. Maybe. Maybe I'll distribute all of my work this way.
<< Home