ALL I WANT IS 20/20 VISION, ALL I WANT IS A ROOM WITH A VIEW
My worst nightmare goes like this: I'm in a room by myself, suitcases and boxes of books and records all around me. I'm unpacking in a new city, where I don't have school chums or relatives to fall back on for support, or even a meal together. I have to re-arrange my bookshelves all by myself and simple things like that are harder than they could possibly seem. I feel a little like that right now, having just moved back into the dorm a week before everybody else. I'm sure my parents are going to wonder if this is a good idea, but I'm fine, mom and dad. It's just a little wonky to be in this place again, sans everybody else, with only my crate of records to keep me company. Debbie Harry is doing a pretty good job, but it's still just me atnd my food and machines.
Things to do when despair and lonliness leap up: work on scarves (for Adam and Megan), take a bath, write letters to far-flung people, Ready McRead Read, dress up like different characters from movies, string together some thoughts for a zine, order zines, do research for a trip to New York over spring break (!) drink tea, play bass, play trombone, clean, write songs. Talk to myself. Okay, I can officially NOT BE BORED this week. We shall not let such a thing happen.
Today, before they dropped me off, my parents and I went to the Heinz Regional History Museum to see the folk art exhibit. It was so sweet and amazing! Of course, I'm a real sucker for folk arts and crafts as it is, but this was an amazing exhibit. I was really proud to see how well-represented Greene, Washington, and Fayette Counties were, and also to look at all of these pieced-together, hand-painted frames and such. A lot of the paintings had writing or lettering on them explaining the significance of the images, which was so refreshing in comparison with hoity-toity paintings. "IT IS ALL OVER. SEVEN SISTERS=SEVEN CITIES. SHE IS A CITY."
My worst nightmare goes like this: I'm in a room by myself, suitcases and boxes of books and records all around me. I'm unpacking in a new city, where I don't have school chums or relatives to fall back on for support, or even a meal together. I have to re-arrange my bookshelves all by myself and simple things like that are harder than they could possibly seem. I feel a little like that right now, having just moved back into the dorm a week before everybody else. I'm sure my parents are going to wonder if this is a good idea, but I'm fine, mom and dad. It's just a little wonky to be in this place again, sans everybody else, with only my crate of records to keep me company. Debbie Harry is doing a pretty good job, but it's still just me atnd my food and machines.
Things to do when despair and lonliness leap up: work on scarves (for Adam and Megan), take a bath, write letters to far-flung people, Ready McRead Read, dress up like different characters from movies, string together some thoughts for a zine, order zines, do research for a trip to New York over spring break (!) drink tea, play bass, play trombone, clean, write songs. Talk to myself. Okay, I can officially NOT BE BORED this week. We shall not let such a thing happen.
Today, before they dropped me off, my parents and I went to the Heinz Regional History Museum to see the folk art exhibit. It was so sweet and amazing! Of course, I'm a real sucker for folk arts and crafts as it is, but this was an amazing exhibit. I was really proud to see how well-represented Greene, Washington, and Fayette Counties were, and also to look at all of these pieced-together, hand-painted frames and such. A lot of the paintings had writing or lettering on them explaining the significance of the images, which was so refreshing in comparison with hoity-toity paintings. "IT IS ALL OVER. SEVEN SISTERS=SEVEN CITIES. SHE IS A CITY."
<< Home